Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Time is as Precious as Gold


Photo credit: Mona Liza Letigio "Sunset by the Lake"

There is always time for everything. Life isn't always busy as we thought it is. The true reason why we tend to forget important things that we wanted to do is because of the fact that when unusual events happen in our life, it will stir up our thoughts and will make us forget the priorities. And so we ended up forgetting important dates and meetings and even the much needed appointments. And even forget about the scheduled family dates that we highlighted in our calendar. Things can easily mess up our minds especially when unpleasant and unexpected things happen.

Believe me, I and my beloved wife forgot about our special day several times! But we just smiled when we found out and admit the fact that we were so caught up with what all of the things happening around us. Some situations can just get way in our heads and can blow us up sometimes, and I'm sure everyone experience that. Is it a sad fact? Yes it is. To justify in our case, at least to us, we have two girls who are looking up at us and students that we need to attend each day so that we have to keep up with everything that we do. We struggled to do our routine each time, and responsibilities seem to keep adding up each day. And I thought, life is always like this if we would not take control and put our hand on it.

Time is precious because we can never do things that we were supposed to do when the time is gone. I tend to say this all the time;  "I was supposed to do this yesterday," and the same line I am going to say the next day and it becomes my favorite line. While the work keeps on adding and adding each day in our life, it is important to think of the priorities and the ones that we missed. And I realized that inorder to do this, a simple quite moment is needed. Take a mild walk in the neighborhood, or by going into your backyard to breathe some fresh air. Even getting into your room and having a little silence to yourself is proven effective. Well, at least to me. I find it important to take sometime of silence to listen to my thoughts especially when situations seem so deranged. And after that, I can go back to work again.

Time is gold, so that we can never let certain circumstances ruin our plans. We can never go back to the time that was wasted but we can always go back to the plans that we did not accomplish and start all over again. Thanks to our God for the ability to reflect, the ability to re-focus and the strength to do the things He has planned for us. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment